Thanks for visiting
To Whom It May Concern:
As a successful creative visionary, I am an extremely focused, driven, and results-oriented leader. Combining key strengths in relationship building, the leading of multi-skilled creative teams, branding & marketing management, sermon series development, creation and oversight of supplemental support items in print, video, multimedia and digital channels as well as stage design and environmental architecture. I am experienced in staff and leader development, and have the ability to perform in a fast-paced, competitive environment. I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my experience within an organization such as yours, as the Creative Director.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Designed and implemented innovative marketing plans for digital media, email campaigns for donor contributions,series awareness, social media campaigns and featured product releases, growing online engagement by over 3000% in just over a year.
- Developed and managed the creative team that now numbers over 30 artists. Their responsibilities include sermon illustration support, stage environment development, running Splendorart.org (a local movement in arts awareness and education) and creating the overall “wow” factor for our members and visitors.
- Led the communication team in the ongoing development of the church website, designed layouts, updated content and event descriptions, promoted the organization’s many local ministry partnerships, and leveraged SEO to increase traffic.
- Created multiple marketing campaigns for events, initiatives and brand awareness, resulting in increased online traffic, additional givers, awareness of community services and events.
I believe my diverse skills are highly transferable to any creative team. I have proven success stimulating church member participation, expanding our community presence through the use of robust, multi-channel communication and creating new influence on our additional campuses. I am seeking to provide your church with the above services, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my offerings with you in a more personal setting and have included my contact information for your convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to your call.
PRODUCTION & CREATIVE ARTS DIRECTOR/PASTOR- YOSEMITE CHURCH (1500 -AVG. WEEKLY ATTENDANCE)
MERCED, CALIFORNIA. 2008-PRESENT
- Led multi-skilled team overseeing the technical, worship, communication and creative arts experiences in weekend services and on all digital platforms.
- Member of the senior management and ministry director’s supervisory teams.
- Transformed team strategy and developed new creative content in marketing, weekend service and church events.
- Took the church mission of, “Meeting People Where They And Loving Them To Where Christ Wants Them To Be” and and developed a brand, web, communication
- Oversight & management of 4 departments with 5 employees and 100+ volunteers in the Technical, Worship, Communication and Creative Arts.
- Member of the church Pastoral Management and Director’s Team.
- Developed worship & spiritual strategic vision where none existed.
- Oversight of worship coordination, software systems (Planning Center Online, ProPresenter), volunteer recruitment/training/service.
- Serving as lead worship pastor, overseeing 5 worship team leaders and 35 volunteer musicians and singers.
- Direct report and team leader of Technical Arts Coordinator who is tasked with weekend production team/systems oversight. These team/systems include media/graphics, video, lighting and audio engineering.
- Led 4 production team small groups open to all production and service volunteers for the purpose of developing discipleship and increasing spiritual growth.
- Assessed production control room physical space and repurposed for more efficient use by adding storage, workstations and cleaning up hardware and wiring systems, etc.
- Prepared and maintained annual production-related budgets and stayed under budget!
- Oversaw the development of formal system procedures for all technical areas.
- Trained non-production ministry volunteers to use on-campus equipment for small groups, Bible studies, events, etc.
- Created master upgrade plan for moving from standard definition video output to high definition.
- Developed and maintained live broadcast, live video capture systems.
- Used live video capture system to create video content for the web and social media platforms, which included weekly services, weekly video announcements and special video projects.
- Recruited and equipped volunteer team of live broadcast video switchers, post-production editors, camera operators & audio-for-video sound engineers for weekly recordings.
- Trained volunteers on the use of Video Toaster and Final Cut Pro video & audio editing systems.
- Proposed, presented, approved, installed & managed lighting upgrade. Researched, developed and implemented plan for lighting upgrade.
- Searched out and acquired economical solutions to replace aging equipment.
- Organized and trained team of volunteer technicians to operate equipment according to service needs.
- Oversight of all stage and auditorium lighting for service elements, special events, classes & meetings.
- Upgraded audio system from analog to digital, implemented digital monitoring for all worship teams.
- Led development team in creating an arts movement called Splendorart.org with the vision of offering education in the arts for adults and children that displays the beauty and splendor of God.
- Led team of creative artists in multiple disciplines to create weekend service themes, stage props an sermon illustrations.
- Recruited and led team of artists to create staging elements in lobbies and on-stage, throughout common areas and in the community through designed posters, mailers, postcards, info cards, etc.
- Created and managed marketing and communications strategy, capitalizing on story-based messages through value propositions.
- increased social media presence, 200 likes to nearly 3000 in one year on Facebook alone.
- Selected, hired and managed communications team to implement web & mobile platforms, social media, print and physical presence content (pop-ups, banners, flags, and logo’d items) according to comm strategy.
- Developed website concept- created & organized content and oversaw implementation and introduction of the site for the church-at-large.
- Created, implemented and managed in-house communication protocols to improve efficiency of ministry, event and promotional advertisements.
- Developed weekly video announcements for all services, creating efficient service flow and controlled content.
- Created quarterly magazine-style small group guide & ministry information publication with added articles and special interest pieces.
- Created weekly pre and post-loop service announcement presentations for viewing in all common areas of the church.
- Developed countless printed materials such as business cards, tri-fold ministry brochures, weekend service programs & more for the purpose of ministry marketing.
Service flow and experience architecture
- Recruited, trained and managed a team of volunteer weekend service producers to direct the operation of each of five weekend services.
- Produced distraction-free worship services.
- Worked with facilities director and team to implement improved traffic flow in main lobby area, improved audio, signage and common-area lighting.
Church oversight & management team
- 2017-2018: Led a team that oversaw the planning and creation of church-wide spiritual development programming, print campaigns, social media marketing, in-line intentional video series and transformational multi-faceted testimonials to support the church’s spiritual development plan.
- 2016: Helped develop concept and strategy for multi-site ministry opportunities.
- 2016: Oversaw all production-related aspects of the launch of 2nd campus.
- 2015: Oversaw $150,000 worship center upgrade and remodel.
- 2014: Managed development of comprehensive and cohesive system for in-house communication.
- 2014: Developed visual representation of spiritual growth continuum for church-wide printings and Bible-study use.
- 2013: Helped to create “The Journey”, a spiritual-growth based Bible-study program for all church members.
- 2013: Redesigned, helped repurpose and publish YC’s “Discipleship Devotional”.
- 2010: Rewrote and designed the church’s “Common Purpose” materials.
- 2009: Developed production funeral team to provide multimedia support for funeral services.
-OTHER MINISTRY-RELATED EXPERIENCE-
CHURCH DEVELOPMENT LEADER, ELEVATE CHURCH (200 TOTAL ATTENDANCE);
HILO HAWAII- 2004-2007
- Provided leadership in the development of a new church plant as well as operational planning.
- Assisted in directing the start-up development and strategic planning for the foundation of the church plant.
- Managed and directed a creative team in implementing development timeline.
- Ministered to the un-churched, youth and college students.
- Organized and executed community events.
- Led small group.
VOLUNTEER VIDEO LEADER, SANDALS CHURCH
RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2001-2004
- Oversaw and managed creative video assignments in the early years of Sandals development.
Other Notable Experience
MERCED CALIFORNIA, 2014-2016
- Co-founder of Twobeards.biz, an online retail establishment specializing in gifts for men.
- Developed, designed and marketed 5 unique products for the men’s beard oil market.
- Developing additional product offerings for men’s hygiene and body care markets.
PROJECT MANAGER, ON TARGET MARKETING
MERCED CALIFORNIA, 2007-2008
- Providing management of advertising and marketing projects.
- Managed multiple advertising projects at one time from meeting with clients to determine their needs to implementing the finished project into appropriate media channels (i.e. newspaper, television, radio, etc.).
- New business development within the community and county of Merced.
- Learned advertising software called Clients and Profits to help streamline internal production.
LANGUAGE ARTS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/FILM TEACHER, CHRISTIAN LIBERTY ACADEMY; KEA’AU
- Led 9th and 10th grade high school students in multiple educational course studies.
- Instructed over 200 students in multiple subject areas.
- Taught three subjects to over 200 students, which included implementing management skills to inspire and educate teenagers.
- Adapted two short stories into short films with student assistance and input.
- Created and led student leaders in developing multimedia teams in art, design, drama, film/video, etc.
MARKETING & STRATEGIC PLANNING PARTNER, DEFINED BOARD COMPANY; KEA’AU HAWAII-
- Provided executive leadership in marketing and operational planning for start-up long-board skateboard/sporting good manufacturing company.
- Directed start-up business development and strategic marketing in multiple distribution channels that included local, national, and web applications.
- Managed and directed creative team in new product development and advertising campaigns that included short film spots for targeted demographics.
- Advanced brand awareness and image perception in multiple regional markets.
- Organized and executed public relations events.
- Established marketing and sales objectives, and prepared company sales forecasts. Reported to CEO.
LANGUAGE ARTS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/FILM/JOURNALISM TEACHER, HAILI CHRISTIAN
ACADEMY; HILO HAWAII- 2004-2005
- Taught 9th through 12th grades in multiple subject areas.
- Instructed all high school grades in English literature and language arts.
- Led extra-curricular activities, sports programs, newspaper, art classes, etc.
COPY/EDITORIAL WRITER, GRAPHIC DESIGNER (FREELANCE), CONSTRUCTION MARKETING
SERVICES; RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2002-2004
- Wrote editorial content for monthly trade magazines and assisted in creative representation of the publication and all advertisements.
- Handled a majority of copy and editorial writing for three national trade magazines.
- Provided graphic consultation and design for advertising and marketing materials.
COPY EDITOR, ADVERTISING REPRESENTATIVE, METROPOLITAN NEWS COMPANY; LOS
ANGELES, CALIFORNIA- 2001-2002
- Wrote and organized content for two weekly regional newspapers.
- Managed regional advertising sales for both papers.
- Increased paper subscription and distribution by 30% through sales contacts.
LANGUAGE ARTS/COMMUNICATION ARTS TEACHER, RIVERSIDE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL;
RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2000-2001
- English Chair/ Educator
- Instructed 6 English language subjects independently.
- Managed over 300 students in four separate grade levels.
- Lead classes in communication arts, which included drama, art & design.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, MANIFESTO FILMS INTERNATIONAL; HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA-
- Assisted producer in production office and on movie sets.
- Assisted casting director in organizational development of talent for major motion picture.
- Marketed production in local communities for proposed independent film.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, FOCUS ON THE FAMILY INSTITUTE; COLORADO SPRINGS
- Assisted in various video editing projects and organizational tasks in the media, film & radio department.
- One of 40 students to be chosen from hundreds of qualified applicants to participate in the program.
- Developed, wrote & directed independent film project for use in future class recruiting.
- Performed pre & post-production operations for print, film, audio and other media campaigns and series such as “McGee & Me”, & “Adventures in Odyssey.”
California Baptist University (Graduated 2009)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)- Dr. Robert K. Jabs School of Business
• Management & entrepreneurial track
• Project in virtual corporate management and business development.
California Baptist University (Graduated 1999)
Bachelor of Fine Arts Ministry (B.F.A.)- Communication & Visual Arts
• 3.9 GPA
• Studies included emphasis upon intercultural communication, fine art, music theory in the church, drama, public relations, photography, oral communication, journalism, copy editing & writing.
• Minor in English
LOS ANGELES FILM STUDIES CENTER (LAFSC), (1999)
FOCUS ON THE FAMILY INSTITUTE (FFI), (Spring, 1998)
SOCIAL MEDIA CHURCH LABS, (2016)
CENTER FOR CHURCH COMMUNICATIONS (2015)